RBSE Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Chapter 4 Land Resources and Agriculture
RBSE Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Chapter 4 Land Resources and Agriculture are part of RBSE Solutions for Class 8 Social Science. Here we have given RBSE Rajasthan Board Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Chapter 4 Land Resources and Agriculture.
|Chapter Name||Land Resources and Agriculture|
|Number of Questions Solved||16|
Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science Textbook Questions Solved
Choose the correct option:
- Which of the following is the Kharif crop?
- Which of the following is the oil seed crop?
Fill in the blanks:
- Cotton is a major……………….. crop.
- Rajasthan is also known as the……………….. due to maximum production of mustard crop.
- Agriculture has two main types; subsistence agriculture and ……………………………….. agriculture.
- Appropriate mixture of mineral substances and humus makes the soil…………………………………….
- Commercial crop
- Mustard region
What is Commercial agriculture?
Commercial agriculture is basically for promoting the sale of crops and dairy products in the market. This type of agriculture requires large sized farms, quality seeds and manure, huge capital and use of latest technology and machinery.
Enlist the main agricultural seasons of Rajasthan and their main crops.
Following are the main agricultural seasons of Rajasthan along their crop:
- Kharif season (Rainy season): The crops of this season are Bajra, Maize, Jowar, Groundnut and Rice.
- Rabi season (Winter season): The main crop of this season are Wheat, Barley, Gram, Mustard etc.
- The Zaid or the summer season crops of this season are mainly fruits, vegetables etc.
Name the types of soil found in Rajasthan.
Soil in Rajasthan is classified on the basis of:
- Colour as black soil, red soil, yellow soil, brown soil etc.
- Nature as sandy, loamy, alluvial, alkaline, saline etc.
The Eastern plain is rich in alkaline soil, the thar desert of the western Rajasthan in sandy soil, Hadauti region of South East in the black soil, the Aravali mountain region in red, loamy and black soil and the canal fed regions in saline soil.
Write the main commercial crops of Rajasthan. In which districts they are grown?
Main crops of Rajasthan with the districts growing them are:
- Wheat in Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Kota, Baran, Bundi, Sawai-madhopur, Karauli, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Bhilwara, Tonk, Pali, Ajmer, Dungarpur, Banswara etc. districts.
- Bajra Jaipur, Dausa,, Bharatpur, Karauli and Sawaimadhopur districts.
- Rice in Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar, Banswar, Dungarpur, Kota, Bundi, Jhalawar, Baran, .Udaipur and Chittorgarh districts.
- Maize in Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Bhilwara, Rajsamand, Bhanswara and Dungarpur districts.
- Gram in Alwar, Bharatpur, Jaipur, Dausa, Tonk, Karauli, Sawaimadhopur, Udaipur, Banswara
- Gram in Alwar, Bharatpur, Jaipur, Dausa, Tonk, Karauli, Sawaimadhopur, Udaipur, Banswara, Kota and Jhalawar districts.
- Mustard in Bharatpur, Alwar, Dhaulpur, Sawaimadhopur and Karauli districts.
- Groundnut in Bikaner, Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Chittorgarh and Jaipur districts.
- Cotton in Sriganganagar and Hanumangarh district and Mewar and Hadauti regions.
Make a flow chart of factors affecting the formation of soil.
Factors affecting the soil formation
Enlist the chief foodgrains crops of Rajasthan along the districts producing them.
Chief food grains crops of Rajasthan:
- Wheat: It is one of the main grain crops of Rajasthan. It is grown in the winter season mainly in the district of Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Kota, Baran, Bundi, Swaimadhopur, Karauli, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Bhilwara, Tonk, Pali, Ajmer, Dungarpur and Banswara.
- Bajra: It is the main food crop of Rajasthan grown in the Western Rajasthan, Jaipur, Dausa, Bharatpur, Karauli and Swaimadhopur.
- Rice: It is a Kharif crop of Rajasthan. It is grown in Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar, Banswara, Doongarpur, Kota, Bundi, Jhalawar, Baran, Udaipur and Chittorgarh.
- Maize: It is the staple food of Rajasthan specially of Mewar. It is a food of winter season.
RBSE Solutions for Class 10 Additional Questions Solved
Multiple Choice Questions
What per cent of total area of the world is under cultivation?
A type of agriculture in which crops are grown consumed by the farmer and his family.
Agriculture is a………..activity.
(d) None of these
Where the national mustard research centre of India is located?
(d) None of these
In which district of Rajasthan is mechanised agriculture farm located?
(b) Sri Ganganagar
RBSE Books Solutions Short Answer Type Questions
What is agriculture? What is agricultural land?
Agriculture is an art of cultivating crops. The land on which cultivation is done is called agricultural land.
Leave a Reply