RBSE Class 8 English Model Paper 4 are part of RBSE Class 8 English Board Model Papers. Here we have given RBSE Class 8 English Sample Paper 4.
|Paper Set||Model Paper 4|
|Category||RBSE Model Papers|
RBSE Class 8 English Sample Paper 4
Time : 2.30 Hrs
Maximum Marks : 80
- Candidates must write their Roll Nos. on the question paper.
- All the questions are compulsory.
- Write the answer to each question in the given answer-book only.
- For the questions having more than one part, the answers to those parts must be written together’s in continuity.
- Write the correct serial number of each question as mentioned in the question paper.
- Questions have been divided into four parts. Part-I consists of multiple choice questions. Part-II consists of one-word answer type questions. Part-III consists of comprehension passages (unseen and seen) with the textual questions. Part-IV consists of writing skill based questions.
- Draw a table in the answer-sheet and write the answer to the question from 1 to 7.
Part – (1)
Choose the correct answer : [1 x 7 = 7]
I held two hundred and twenty rupees clutched in a crumpled ball in my pocket. The word “crumpled’means :
A computer is an electronic device ______ stores information on a magnetic tape.
Pick the odd one out :
“I could not bring myself ________ laugh, leap and dance”, said Hallu.
Which of the bold/underlined letters have a different sound?
Kuldeep Singh started _____ in the dangerous mines for the next four years.
(a) were working
Normally I ……. to bed at around 11.30 every night.
(a) am going
(b) have been going
(d) have gone
Make new words by adding “ion” or “able” to the following words properly. 
- Adopt +_____=______
- like +_____=______
Write plurals of the following words: 
Write the missing letters in the following words: 
Identify the words with incorrect spelling and rewrite them after correcting: 
Lion is called the king of jungle. It is a brave animal that looks very impressive too.
Don’t play football ____ the last bell rings. (untill/till/unless) 
Use punctuation marks such as comma, question mark and capital letters in the following sentences wherever required: 
- she got the bravery Award
- Can I see the manager I said
Arrange the words in proper order to make meaningful sentences: 
- Kolkata/ He /for /with/ bag/ went /and /baggage.
- risen /Mangoes/ The/ have/ pricel of/ up.
Join the following sentences using “No sooner —— then.” No sooner did the bell ring than the students entered the class.
Fill in the blanks with the help of the words given in the bracket : 
(systems, police, rules, interest, concern, awareness)
- Drivers should obey the traffic …….. to avoid the punishments.
- Raising ………. of the people has a significant role to tackle road accidents.
(A) Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below :
I am happy that you have started liking the hostel life. As you have written that the facilities provided in the K. G. B. V. (Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya) hostel are much satisfactory and up to the mark, this makes me feel proud of my decision. People like us are really fortunate that such type of education with hostel facility is provided to the marginalized section of society by the government free of cost. This is really a dream come true opportunity for people like us. The good quality of food and clothes insured by them is also a great relief.
- Who is happy with Anushka’s hostel life? [2 ½]
- What is the full name of K. G. B. V.? [2 ½]
- How is hostel facility? [2 ½]
- Write opposite word from the passage of the following: [2 ½]
(B) Read the following unseen passage carefully and answer the following questions :
After the party, Sudeep Singh thanked his beloved brother for the years of sacrifice that had enabled him to fulfill his ambitions. His closing words were. “And now, Kuldeep it is your turn.” “All eyes turned towards the far end where Kuldeep Singh sat, tears rolling down his pale face. Shaking his lowered head from side to side, he sobbed and said, “No … No … No …” Finally, he rose, wiped the tears from his cheeks and said softly, “No brother, I cannot go to Jaipur. It is too late for me. Look what four years in mines have done to my hands! The bones in every hand have been smashed at least once, and lately, I have been suffering from arthritis also.
- Who did Sudeep Singh thank and Why? [2 ½]
- What were the closing line of Sudeep Singh? [2 ½]
- Why was Kuldeep Singh in tears? 
- Find the word from the passage which means ‘Strong desire to do or achieve something”. 
(C) Read the following unseen passage carefully and answer the following questions :
Character is destiny. Character is that on which the destiny of a nation is built. One cannot have a great nation with men of small character. We must have young men and women who look upon others as the living image of themselves as our Shastras have so often declared. But whether in public life or student life, we cannot reach great heights, if we are lacking in character. We cannot climb the mountain when the ground at our feet is crumbling.
- What is the passage about? 
- What kind of young men and women must we have? 
- Write one word for the following: A large body of people inhabiting a particular state or territory N—— [2 ½]
- Find the word from the passage which is opposite to ‘Private life’. [2 ½]
Rearrange the following sentences according to the time of events: 
- Other monkeys got scared when he began to cry.
- They kept on jumping from tree to tree.
- Suddenly one of the monkeys lost hold and fell down.
- Three monkeys were playing in a forest.
- They took the injured monkey to a doctor.
You are Babita. Write a letter to your friend Sunita telling her about your school picnic. 
You may use the following points :
- When did your school go for picnic?
- What was your experience?
- How did you enjoy the place?
14 October, 20__
Write a letter to principal for the change of section of your class.
You may use the following clues:
(get my section changed, I joined the school in the mid of session, I can adjust with the syllabus)
Write a short paragraph in about 70 words on “Health is wealth”. You may use the following words: (real wealth in life, physically, mentally, socially, intellectually, Money can enrich people) 
Write a story in about 70-80 words with the help of the given outlines:
Once, there was a cap-seller in a ….. On one fine day, he was …… caps. After he ……few sales of caps, he became very …… He decided to sit under a big tree to take …… for a while. Soon, he ….. off.
There were many ……..on the big tree. They saw the ……… sleeping …….the tree. The monkeys were sitting on the top of the …… The monkeys came down, took the …… from the cap-seller-bag and …… them. Then they …..the tree again.
When the cap seller …….. he was shocked to see his basket …….. He searched for …caps. To his surprise, he saw the …….. were wearing them. He found that monkeys were ……. him. So, he started …….. his cap down and the monkeys …… did so. The cap-seller ……..all the caps, put them back in his …….. and went …….. happily.
We hope the given RBSE Class 8 English Model Paper 4 will help you. If you have any query regarding RBSE Class 8 English Sample Paper 4, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.