Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 8 Science Notes Chapter 19 Road Safety
If we do not follow rules while moving on roads, what will happen? Let us think of it. If driver do not follow rules while driving then one vehicle collides with another vehicle. In such cases minor or major injuries are caused. This is called ‘Road Accident’. Sometimes it leads to death of a person, so on the road driver must obey the road traffic rules properly.
Reason of Road Accidents:
Did you ever try to know? What is the main reason of road accidents? Let us try to learn main reasons of road accidents. They do not occur only because of carelessness but also due to high speed. 64% to 95% road accidents In developing countries happen due to driver’s mistake. But there is a solid reason behind every road accident which are given below:
- Fast speed of vehicle,
- Carelessness of driver
- Drinking while driving
- Violating the traffic rules.
- Ignoring wearing helmet and seat belt while driving.
Do you know?:
- In India every year 1.38 lakhs people die in road accident and about five lakhs people are injured.
- In Rajasthan state every year about 9000 people die in road accident and about 23000 are injured.
Adverse effects of road accident:
Road accidents affect family, society, state and country. They badly affect the patients and their family. Some examples are as given below:
- Lost of vehicle or property
- Economical loss
- Legal actions may be taken
- Person may be handicapped or died.
Some basic ideas to stay away from road accidents: How can we reduce these road accidents? Let us know about it, use of helmet or seat belt, compulsion of license for drivers can keep us safe from road accidents so obey indicators shown on roads, drive vehicle at normal speed, park vehicle at the appropriate place, always use white zebra crossing to cross the road, do not drive when drunk, use indicator while changing lane, and be well known about traffic light.
Do you know?:
- After completing about 16 years of age, a temporary license can be issued for non-gear vehicles.
- After completion 18 years of age, permanent license card is issued for gear vehicles.
Road security, a public issue:
Everyone should follow the rule of road security which helps us stop road accidents. It is our duty to give safe and secure future to our society and country.
|4. Women’s security helpline||104|
|5. Emergency helpline||108|