Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 8 Social Science Notes Chapter 8 Tourism and Transport
In present time due to development our life has become unstable. There are many causes due to which man has to go and come from one place to other place, like for entertainment we go to enjoy natural scenic beauty, visiting historical places, cultural tour, pilgrimages, study, sports, health, official work, trade, conference, campaign, family work etc. Travellings done by keeping such objectives in mind are called tours and tourism or we can say that tourist is that person who from his general environment of daily life lives at other place temporarily.
Rajasthan is known for its tourism industry not only in India but in the world. The tourists are attracted by the physical forms of Rajasthan like desert and Aravali, wildlife, historical events and glorious history, architecture, fairs, cultural diversities etc. These are the reasons that this state is a main tourist state of India. Many tourists visit here to know and learn about cultural diversities of folk music, dance, art etc.
We live at one place and do same work everyday which makes our life monotonous and suffering from tensions. To get rid of it and regain enthusiasm in life man likes to go at some another place from his original place, for his mental peace and entertainment visiting places, looking nature’s happiness beauty scenes, playing, meeting new people and with their culture knowing their food habits, Life Style converts our stress into, when we decide to visit some place, various questions like – how we will travel? where will we live? who will help us there? such questions are solved by some agencies like- transport agencies, tourist guide hotels, restaurants, tourism department then websites help us and make our journey enjoyable.
Tourism is useful in many ways as:
- A source of adding to our income.
- A means of earning foreign exchange.
- Promotes employment opportunities in the field of hotel, tourist guide, taxi driver, transport agents, etc.
- Conservation and propagation of our cultural heritage. To attract the foreign tourists towards Government of India has prepared a programme named “The incredible India”, beside to encourage tourism in Rajasthan. Rajasthan Tourism and Development Corporation (RTDC) was established in Rajasthan in 1979. Beside slogans like ‘Padharo Mhare Des’, ‘Rajasthan Pddhariye’, ‘Suranga Rajasthan’ etc. The incredible state of India’ is the symbol of Rajasthan tourism.
For the convenience of tourists Rajasthan has been divided into separate mandals (circuits). Among them- Jaipur Amber circuit, Maru circuit and Mewar circuit are the most important where local and foreign tourist visit more.
Rajasthan’s main tourist places can be divided into three parts-
- Religious and tourist places.
Development of Tourism in Rajasthan:
To promote tourism in Rajasthan, the Rajasthan Tourist Development Corporation has been set up and in 1989 tourism has been given the status of Industry. For the development of tourism in the state schemes like hotel construction and paying guest are under construction.
- Knowledge about Transport reservations, guides, taxis, main tourist places are available on internet, so tourists can collect knowledge about them, efforts are being made to link.
- Main worth seeing places through roadways and airways.
- Royal Rajasthan on wheels equipped with all the facilities which attracts local and foreign tourists in a large number. It takes the people to main sight seeing places.
- Royal Rajasthan on wheels starts from Delhi passes through Jodhpur, Chittaurgarh, Udaipur, Jaipur and Ranthambore and enters in M.P and UP.
- Folk art, folk dance, folk songs, traditional dress etc. have played an important role in the development of tourism in Rajasthan.
Meaning of Transport and its Types:
Transport means exchange of goods, services, people and ideas between different places. They are like the blood vessels in the human body. Transport is a service which has become the lifeline of social and economic set up.
Main means of transport in the state are roadways, railways and airways, besides the pipes lines transport to liquids and gasses from one place to another. There is very little possibility of water transport in Rajasthan because its boundaries do not meet with oceans and rivers are small and non perenial. Hence sailing ship in them is difficult.
It is the most developed means in the state. Roads are classified as national highways, state highways, District roads, rural roads etc. Many villages have been linked under the Pradhan Mantri Rural Road Construction Project. Many National highways passes through the state.
National highway No-8 is the busiest and most important highway of the state. It links Delhi to Mumbai. The National highway No. 15 is the longest which is located in western border region. National highways 14 and 15 link the state with the Kandla port of Gujarat.
To avoid road accidents a few points to be followed like
- Use of zebra crossing while crossing the road.
- Driving at a specific spend
- Don’t drink and drive
- Follow the traffic lights.
- Driving vehicle in own lane.
- Use of indicator while taking turn on the road.
- Use of helmet on two wheeler and seat belt in four wheeler.
- Overtake should be done from the right side carefully.
- Avoid mobile and talking to other person while driving.
- Use of indicator and dipper while driving at night.
- Loud music should not be played in vehicle.
- Keep proper distance from other vehicle while driving.
It is a new project declared by the Government of India for the development of roads. By keeping security view about 1500 km part of this project will pass through the Rajasthan border (Pakistan). It would cover all states situated on boundaries of India.
It is the best and cheapest means of transport for long travels and transporting heavy goods. The first rail in India was run between Mumbai and Thane in 1853. In Rajasthan the first train was run in 1874 from Bandikui (Dausa) to Agra fort (U.P). Total length of railways in Rajasthan is 6000 km. Railways of’Rajasthan is a part of north-western railway zone whose headquarter is in Jaipur. In June 2015 metro-train is being started in Jaipur. Being the capital the biggest centre of railways is also located in Jaipur.
It is the costliest and fastest means of transport. Comparatively it is less developed because of its high cost. The Jaipur International airport is at Sanganer. It is the first and busiest airport of the state. Maharana Pratap airport is at Dabok in Udaipur. Jaisalmer and Ajmer airports are also under process. One airport is located at Ratanada in Jodhpur which has military and security importance.