RBSE Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 20 Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals are part of RBSE Solutions for Class 7 Social Science. Here we have given Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 20 Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals.
|Chapter Name||Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals|
|Number of Questions Solved||37|
Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 20 Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals
Exercise From Textbook
Write the answers to the questions 1 and 2 in brackets.
What was the name of Maharana Pratap’s horse?
The Harawal troops of the army are:
(a) The front portion of the army
(b) The middle portion of the army
(c) The rear portion of the army
(d) The entire army
(a) The front portion of the army
Write the characteristics of Maharana Pratap’s personality.
Maharan Pratap was a great warrior and a true servant of people. With the infleunce of his personality, he turned every person into a warrior who could sacrifice everything for the freedom of his motherland. Pratap made many efforts for women’s safety and security. Because of his efforts, Mewar did not have to face tragedies like Johar in future. He gave technique of saving water and constructing low cost water reservoirs to the people and rulers facing droughts. Amongst all great personalities Maharana Pratap was an icon.
Who was the king who sat on the throne of Delhi in the name of Vikramaditya?
Which city did Maharaja Surajmal set up in Rajasthan.
Where did Durgadas Rathore spend his last days?
Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh.
Mention about the diplomatic efforts adopted by Akbar to enslave Maharana Pratap.
Akbar was aware of the dreadful struggle between 1567-68, so he tried to solve this problem by peaceful efforts and diplomacy. He sent four groups of honourable persons one by one to meet Maharana Pratap but Maharana Pratap made Akbar’s diplomatic efforts totally unsuccessful by not agreeing to Akbar’s proposals.
How did Durgadas Rathore protect Ajit Singh, the descendent of Marwar?
Descendent of Marwar Ajit Singh was protected by Durgadas in a brave and clever manner. Durgadas reached Delhi and requested Aurangzeb to give Ajit Singh’ state of Marwar. Aurangzeb asked him to adopt Islam. He kept this as a condition, for giving him Marwar. Durgadas Rathore was not ready to accept this condition.
To keep Ajit Singh in Delhi was also a risk for his safety. So, freeing him from the clutches of Aurangzeb was necessary. The way in which Durgadas, with his farsightedness freed Ajit Singh from the clutches of Aurangzeb and brought him back to Marwar was not less than a miracle. Durgadas sent Ajit Singh to Sirohi. When Aurangzeb got information about this, he sent huge army but in the leadership of Durgadas Rathores started uniting.
They made the Mughal army to run away Aurangzeb sent prince Akbar to Marwar, but he was totally unsuccessful in controlling the Rathores. On the other hand, Durgadas put prince Akbar against his father Aurangzeb. This was the great success of Durgadas from political point of view. In the same way, the agreement of Rathore-Sisodia was done by Durgadas for the security of Ajit Singh and Maratha’s cooperation was a big, diplomatic victory of Durgadas. In this way he saved Ajit Singh.
Write an essay on the Battle of Haldighati
When the diplomatic efforts of Akbar became unsuccessful against Maharana Pratap. The war between them became inevitable. In 18 June 1576 battle started on the ground of Haldighati. Maharana Pratap was accompanied to battle by Rawat Kishnadas, Bhim Singh Dodia, Ram Das Merlia, Ramshab Tanwar, Jhala Maan, Jhala Bide, Mansingh Songare.
The attack by Maharana Pratap destroyed the Mughal army. Mughal historian Badayuni has accepted that the speed of attack was so severe that the Mughal soldiers saved their lives by running 10-15 km on Banas. This war broke the myth of Mughals that they are undefeatable. Now Pratap was titled as bravest of the brave. First time in India Mughal army had to face such a bad defeat.
Give the character sketch of Amar Singh Rathore.
Amar Singh Rathore was born on 12th December 1613. He was the elder son of the ruler Gaj Singh of Jodhpur. He was believed to be natural heir of Maharaja Gaj Singh. But due to conspiracy of second wife of Gaj Singh, Jaswant Singh the younger son of Gaj Singh was given the throne. Amar Singh did not oppose this decision.
Shahajahan was aware of Amar Singh’s intellect and ability. So, he used to send Amar Singh on difficult expeditions. Amar Singh was hill of self respect and took special care of people. He was a fearless warrior and hero. He disliked Salawat Khan a favourite of Shahjahan. He (Amar Singh) killed Salawat Khan in the presence of emperor Shah Jahan. Emperor Shah Jahan ran away to save his life. Life of Amar Singh was full of pride and sacrifice.
Activities From Textbook
Collect information about life and character of Maharana Raj Singh of Mewar .and No-Chowki got built by him.
Take help from your History teacher and do yourself.
After collecting the pictures of the historical places and buildings of Rajasthan, get information about the historical events related with these from your subject teacher and other persons.
Historical places of Rajasthan :
1. Ajmer : Ajay Raj had established this place. Here the world famous Khwaja Moin-Ud-Din Chisti Shrine is situated. It is also known as Dargah Sharif.
2. Amer : It was the first capital of Kachwaha rulers. Here world famous Shishmahal is present.
3. Bharatpur : This is the entrance gate of Rajasthan. Maharaja Surajmal founded this city.
4. Kalibanga : This is present in city of Hanu- mangarh. Here the archaeological remains of Indus valley civilizations have been found.
5. Alwar : This was establsihed by Rao Pratap Singh. Pandupol is a place near Alwar where Pandavas took refuge during their exile.
6. Jaisalmer : This place is famous for its architecture. It is situated on the border of Pakistan, that’s why it has so much strategic importance.
7. Pushkar : The only temple of God Brahma is situated in Pushkar.
8. Udaipur : It was established by Maharana Uday Singh. It is commonly known as the City of Lakes.
9. Haldighati : World famous battle took place here. Here on 18th June 1576, battle started between Maharana Pratap and Akbar, where Akbar was defeated very badly by Pratap.
Famous Monuments of Rajasthan :
- Dhai din ka Jhopra : This is situated in Ajmer. It was built by Qutub-uddin-Aibak.
- Vijay Stambh : This is situated in Chittorgarh and was built by Maharana Kumbha.
- Hawamahal: This is situated in Jaipur and was built by Sawai Pratap Singh.
- Amer fort: It was built by king Dholraiji in Jaipur.
- Khwaja Sahab Dargah : It is situated in Ajmer and was built by Sultan Gyasuddin.
- Chattramahal : King Chattrasal built this palace. It is situated at Bundi.
- Samidheswar Temple : It was built by king Bhoj and is situated in Chittorgarh.
- City Palace : This is in Jaipur. Sawai Jai Singh-II built this.
Dramatize a play based on the Inspirational incidents from life of Maharana Pratap in your school.
Other Important Questions
(A) Multiple Choice Questions
Who established Mughal rule in India?
When did Babar defeat Ibrahim Lodhi?
(a) In 1526
(b) In 1523
(c) In 1528
(d) In 1528
(a) In 1526
When was Hemchandra defeated by Mughal army?
(a) In 1544
(b) In 1555
(c) In 1556
(d) In 1557
(c) In 1556
Bravest of the Brave, Maharana Pratap was born on :
(a) 9 May 1540
(b) 9 June 1541
(c) 9 May 1542
(d) 9 July 1543
(a) 9 May 1540
War of Haldighati was fought on :
(a) 18 June 1576
(b) 18 June 1577
(c) 18 June 1578
(d) 18 June 1579
(a) 18 June 1576
(B) Fill in the Blanks
Major opposition to Mughals was shown by …………
Akbar tried to solve the problem by diplomacy, he sent ………. groups of honourable persons one by one to meet Maharana Pratap.
Maharana Pratap made ……….. his capital.
Nissaruddin lived in the court of ………..
1. rulers of Mewar
4. Maharana Pratap.
(C) Very Short Answer Type Questions
Why did Akbar send honourable persons to Maharana Pratap?
To solve the problem by peaceful efforts and diplomacy, Akbar sent four groups of honorouable persons one by one to meet Maharana Pratap. Akbar wanted an agremeent with Pratap
Due to which war strategy, Maharana Pratap defeated the Mughals?
The guerilla strategy of Maharana Pratap defeated the Mughals.
Where is the memorial of Maharana Pratap situated?
Memorial of Maharana Pratap is situated near the village of Badoli of Chavand.
Which were the important compositions of Maharana Pratap?
“Vishwavallabh” and “Vyavahar Aadarsh”.
Amar SLngh Rathore was the son of which ruler?
He was the elder son of king Gaj Singh of Jodhpur.
When did Aurangzeb implement Jazia tax again?
Aurangzeb implemented Jazia tax again in 1679.
When did Surajmal take control over Firozshah Kotla?
In May 1753, Surajmal took Firozshah Kotla under his control.
(D) Short Answer Type Questions
After the death of Babar, Mughals faced a lot of struggle for the throne of Delhi. Explain in brief.
Babar established the Mughal rule by his sound political tactics and bravery. But after his death Humayun lost to Shershah Suri. Now Shershah Suri was the ruler of Delhi. After Shershah Suri, throne of Delhi was lost by his descendents within 15 years. Hemchandra was the ruler of Delhi. In 1556, the Mughal army defeated him and after that Miighals ruled Delhi for a long time. Main Mughal rulers included Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb, etc.
What was the result of battle of Haldighati?
On 18 June 1576, battle started between Maharana Pratap and Akbar. Akbar got defeated by Maharana Pratap very badly. Victory of Mewar and leadership of Pratap strengthened the faith of people. This war broke the myth that Mughals were undefeatable. Pratap was titled as bravest of the brave. Disappointed by the defeat of Haldighati, Akbar banned the presence of Man Singh and Asaf Khan in the Mughal court.
Elaborate the work done by Maharana Pratap for the betterment of the people.
Maharana Pratap made a lot of efforts for the settlement of human rights protection and women’s safety and security. By the efforts of Maharana Pratap, Mewar did not have to face tragedies like Johar in future. He taught the technique of saving water and constructing low cost water reservoirs to the people and rulers who had been facing droughts continuously. Maharana Pratap will always inspire us with his noble life and ideals.
Elaborate the personality traits of Brave Durgadas Rathore.
Personality of Durgadas was full of bravery and sacrifice. The way he saved the life of Ajit Singh was not less than a miracle. Durgadas Rathore was very much aware of the political strategies. Durgadas put prince Akbar against his father Aurangzeb, which was a great success of Durgadas. By the efforts of Durgadas Sisodia-Rathore agreement only took place, because of which many became different political powers of Rajputana became united.
Explain the political work done by Surajmal.
Maharaja Surajmal was a popular ruler of Bharatpur. Surajamal founded the city of Bharatpur. After the death of king Jai Singh of Jaipur, in the struggle for the throne, with the cooperation of Surajmal, Ishwari Singh won and became the ruler of Jaipur. Surajmal took Firozshah Kotla under his control.
Surajmal took Ghaziabad, Rohtak, Jhajjar, Agra, Dholpur, Mainpuri, Hathras, Banaras, Farrukhnagar under his control. He was a matured personality with his political outlook. This is why in 1761 in the third battle of Panipat, even after beting defeated by Ahmad Shah Abdali, arrangement for food, treatment and clothes was made by Maharaja Surajmal for the retreating Marathas.
(E) Long Answer Type Questions
Composers have composed many inspirational poetic creations by the influence from the life of Amar Singh Rathore. What were the reasons behind this? Explain them in detail.
Being impressed by the dignity and sacrifice of Amar Singh, the composers have composed many inspirational poetic creations. We can explain the sacrifice and personality of Amar Singh by the following points mentioned below:
1. Amar Singh was believed to be natural heir of Maharaja Gaj Singh, but due to conspiracy, he couldn’t become the ruler. Amar Singh did not oppose this decision. This was an example of his greatness.
2. Shahjahan was aware of Amar Singh’s intellect and ability, so he used to send Amar Singh on difficult expeditions.
3. Amar Singh was full of self pride and took special care of people who took pride in themselves because of this he went to meet Kesari Singh without fearing about the annoynance of the emperor. He gave the security of patta (agreement) of 30 thousand and responsibility of Nagor security to Kesari Singh.
4. Amar Singh did not let anyone raise finger on his honour. Because of all these incidents Amar Singh refused clearly to pay the tax to be deposited in the Mughal treasury.
5. Amar Singh killed Salawat Khan in presence of emperor Shahjahan. This proves his bravery. By the influence of all these above mentioned incidents composers have composed many inspirational poetic about comosition (songs) about Amar Singh.
We hope the given RBSE Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Chapter 20 Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals will help you. If you have any query regarding Rajasthan Board RBSE Class 7 Social Science Chapter 20 Royal Dynasties of Rajasthan and Mughals, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.